Bounce Design Labs - Dapper Mota
I managed to get my hands on a couple of bags from Bounce Design Labs recently. While I’ve owned a Dapper Satchel Plus for a little while now, the Dapper Mota is new to me. I was looking for something a little smaller to carry around for those days when I didn’t need to bring my iPad Pro with me.
As many EDC enthusiasts know, finding the “perfect bag” is a never ending chase. With Bounce Design Labs, I’ve come as close as I think I possibly can to the perfect bag!
I’ll have a review of the Dapper Satchel Plus in another post but I want to use this post to concentrate on the Dapper Mota.
To start with, this particular bag is known as the “Night Rider”. The exterior material is BounceTex StormShield in Phantom Black. Of all the fabrics I’ve used over the years, the StormShield is probably one of my all-time favorites.
Everyone has their preferences when it comes to fabrics. Many prefer materials that are more stiff and durable. Some prefer materials that are thinner, more pliable and lightweight. I definitely fall into the latter category.
StormShield is a wonderfully lightweight fabric that has a nice soft feel to it. It’s extremely pliable and also has a really cool pattern to it. The short period of time that I’ve owned a bag in this fabric, it seems like it will hold up to daily use pretty well. While I haven’t tested it, I don’t think I would recommend it for heavier duty outdoor use on the trails.
Let’s talk about the features of this bag. Here’s the specifications directly off of Bounce Design Labs website
- Material: BounceTex StormShield in Phantom Black
- Interior Fabric: Signature Discovery Mosaic Liner
- Zippers: YKK Reverse Coil in Black
- Zipper Pulls: Obsidian Black on Black Paracord
- Velcro Loop Panel: 2" VELCRO® loop in Black
- Strap: User-detachable, featuring D-ring attachment and 360-degree free spin hook. Multicolor Spectrum.
- Weight: <10 ounces – Super Lightweight
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 7" x 4.5" (W x H x D)
- Capacity: Approximately 5 liters
As you can tell, you can see a mesh pocket when looking at it from the main compartment. Once you unzip it though, it reveals a second slip pocket behind it in the Discovery Mosaic pattern. It’s a great location to hold things you don’t necessarily want anyone to be able to easily see. When traveling, I can see that being used for a Passport, credit cards, cash, etc.
The smaller compartment is a standard compartment great for smaller items such as lotion, meds, pens, etc.
In front of that is a small zipper pocket with hook/loop on it. There’s no depth to this pocket but I find it to be fantastic for those small, misc items that don’t really have a home elsewhere.
Here’s everything in this bag currently and how I have it organized:
- Main Compartment - Wallet & keys
- Second Compartment - Pill case, pens
- Front Zipper Pocket - Knife, nail clippers, tweezers, Olight tool, Olight flashlight
There’s still plenty of room left. This bag is very deceiving in its’ size!
Overall opinions? I really don’t have much of anything bad to say about this bag. It’s got almost everything I could need for a daily EDC bag. If I had to pick something, I would say the addition of a small admin panel for the front compartment would be nice just to make it easier to for things like pens. I don’t feel like it’s absolutely necessary though unless you’re really throwing a ton of stuff into that pocket.
It’s also super easy and fun to make this bag your own. Change out the black zipper pulls for colored ones like I did and add your favorite patches!!
This is going to be my go-to for sight-seeing travel when I don't need a backpack to haul stuff. Super lightweight, super easy to access everything!
Comments
Post a Comment