This is the first bag I've ever purchased from CTactical but it will not be the last. This is probably one of the most functional backpacks I've ever used.
Yes, you will hear some people complain that CTactical is "copying" other brands. I truly don't think that's the case here. From what I can tell, they've simply taken ideas and features from other brands that people find useful and improved upon them. They look at what people want in a bag and try and provide that to the best of their ability. I love that they listen to their customer base!
This particular model is their 21+ codenamed "Kemular". The exterior is Ultra and the interior is Ecopak Blue. It comes with a silencer on the front covering the velcro panel. The bottom front pocket is probably one of my favorite things about this bag - it's a black ultrastretch material which makes this pocket truly usable.
I do have a grip about that top pocket though. Because of the Ecopak material inside and the fact that it's not the Ultra stretch on the outside, the pocket itself is almost useless. My preference is to keep my badge reel and keys for work in there which aren't bulky in the last. There's a couple of organizational slip pockets for pens and such in there and they kind of just get in the way. I feel if the interior were more of a ripstop or ultragrid material it would help tremendously.
If you look at the back of this bag, the first thing you notice is the shoulder straps. They beefy, S-shaped and extremely comfortable. Well worth the upgrade from standard straps in my opinion.
Looking at it from the sides, you see there's external water bottle pockets. I love my GoRuck GR2 but absolutely hate the fact that it doesn't have water bottle pockets on it like most backpacks out there. CTactical realized that so many people prefer them and incorporated them into their design. They're ultra stretch fabric as well with a small elastic band across the top which helps keep things from falling out.
Next stop, the admin panel. Helpful for all those small things you want to have easy access to without have to stash in a pouch. I've got a small pocket knife, Olight flashlight, Airpods, small pair of scissors and a couple other things stored there. As you can also see, I have an iPad mini in front of that just in the main section of the pocket that goes all the way down to the bottom of the bag. I also stash my stethoscope in there for easy access.
Main compartment is nothing fancy. I do like the fact that it has the velcro on the back wall in case you want to attach any pouches. Speaking of pouches, you may spy the quick access pocket hanging down at the top. It's actually a pretty nice size and a great spot for keys or sunglasses.
Lastly, the laptop compartment. It's almost a double compartment of sorts. If you look closely, there's a black tab on the left side to hold your laptop or iPad to keep it from falling out. There's still a slip pocket to the right of that if you wish to keep another small tech device, there just won't be anything to hold it in other than the zipper to the whole compartment.
This is a really cool bag and it won't be my last from CTactical. In fact, I have a group buy bag coming here very shortly that is a 26L bag. Very excited to get this and see how it compares to the Kemular. The build quality on these bags is amazing and I love the fact that they listen to their customers on what features they want and try and include them to the best of their ability.
Comments
Post a Comment